Conquering pest infestations in countless homes and businesses for over 20 years, Terminix Canada’s Newfoundland branch has the professional ﬂea control you need.
Our reliable and highly trained ﬂea exterminators know what it takes to remove bloodsucking ﬂeas from your home. Living on the bodies of your beloved pets like cats and dogs, ﬂeas feed on the blood of these animals to produce eggs. That’s why they’re often found in your pets’ resting areas. Elsewhere, ﬂeas can bite human skin too after being transported from your pet’s fur. Releasing histamine, this causes red, itchy bumps to form that are typically discovered on the legs and feet.
Rest assured, our team of ﬂea pest control professionals at Terminix Canada are experienced in controlling ﬂea populations.
For more information about ﬂeas, visit our Pest Library.
Flea infestations start when ﬂeas attach themselves to pets from infested grassy areas and yards outdoors. When pets return indoors, ﬂeas are transported inside and reproduce. Before you know it, a full-scale ﬂea infestation has taken place!
Urban wildlife can also transport these biting nuisances into residential environments. That’s why we use environmentally friendly methods for eﬀectively controlling ﬂea infestations.
Besides pets’ resting areas, ﬂeas are often found on bedding, carpets, furniture, and cracks in ﬂooring. In other words, areas where your pet cat or dog has been living. Fleas prefer warm and moist spaces with most ﬂea infestations taking place during summer where a favourable warmer climate aids their survival.
Signs that a ﬂea infestation has taken place include:
• Pets excessively scratching, licking, or biting their fur
• Spotting dotted insects on your pet’s fur
• Spotting ﬂeas on your carpet or furniture
• Bites around lower legs and ankles
If you’ve suﬀered a ﬂea infestation in St. John’s or throughout Newfoundland, Terminix Canada’s quality ﬂea control service includes four steps.
• Remove all items from the ﬂoor (E.g. toys, clothes, pet food)
• Wash or replace pet bedding
• Vacuum carpets, rugs, and areas beneath beds and furniture
• Clean all ﬂooring by sweeping and mopping
• Clean concrete ﬂoors with soap and water
• Remove all pets
• Arrange to leave home for several hours while the ﬂea treatment has time to dry
• Pets should be treated at the same time a home is treated. Pet treatment should always take place under the direction of a veterinarian.
• Terminix Canada’s professional ﬂea removal gets rid of ﬂeas by using the latest ﬂea control products. Where ﬂea infestations are active, our professional ﬂea exterminators will apply a residual treatment combined with an insect growth regulator, especially in places where pets rest or sleep.
• Treatment is usually applied to shaded areas, shrubs, and decks where pets rest and sleep
Our trained, government-licensed pest exterminators will protect your home against pests.
Our emergency team is always available to service your home quickly!
Terminix Canada has over 20 years of experience with pest control in Newfoundland, making us one of the oldest and most experienced pest control companies in the province.
100% satisfaction guarantee!
CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE
I want to take a moment to commend Technician 'D', who takes remarkably good care when servicing our buildings. He is thorough, kind, and gives us feedback to make improvements. He is invested in the health and safety of our business and we are overwhelmingly pleased with his efforts.
- Rahmona S.
I am impressed with the Technician who came to my business. He did a great job and was very thorough. Thank you so much for sending him to help us, I really appreciate it.
- Jarahli A.
Hired Terminix about 3 years ago (primarily for spider control due to proximity to lake) and have received consistently good service. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.
- Tatiana M.